I love Free Software!

Pages

Funny Quotes to Think

When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at You blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free"

-Torvalds, Linus(1995-03-08)-

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

ssh-copy-id not accepting port other than default

When I was copying my ssh id to my client machines using ssh-copy-id, I am unable to copy to hosts where ssh-server running on different port.
After a long search i found there is a bug already raised in Debian bug report #431731.

Cheers for debian :)
using patches provided in the bug report I patched my ssh-copy-id and I was able to fix my issue

I would like to share the patched ssh-copy-id file. To avoid the conflicts I have named the script as ssh-copy-id-new.

Download the script from below mentioned site.

Copy the script to /usr/local/bin directory 
# cp ssh-copy-id-new  /usr/local/bin

Change script permission to be executable 
# chmod +x ssh-copy-id-new

Now run the ssh-copy-id-new with port number
# ssh-copy-id-new -p 28 -i ~/ssh-id user@remote_server


Dowload link ssh-copy-id-new



No comments:

Post a Comment