I love Free Software!

Pages

Funny Quotes to Think

When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at You blankly and say "Hey, I got those with the system, for free"

-Torvalds, Linus(1995-03-08)-

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Create a virtual HDD using qemu-img

When you create a virtual machine using KVM and virt-manager, virtual HDD will create in /var/lib/libvirt/images/ directory. Unfortunately I dont have enough  space in my / partition.
I faced difficulty in creating virtual HDD in other partion using virt-manager. To work around this issue, I used qemu-image. Using qemu-img you can create a new vitual HDD with any size on any of your partition

 # qemu-img create -f qcow debian.qcow 5G

This will create a Virtual HDD debain.qcow with size 5GB, later then you can select this HDD for installation using virt-manager

No comments:

Post a Comment